The skill of saying 'No' - Uncovered.

Image
    Do you feel like you're in an endless struggle of egos with your little one, that you're not getting the right response from them, that you keep losing your cool and lashing out or just giving in to their demands, and that your relationship with them is best described as one filled with conflicts and confrontations? If most of your interaction with your child is negative and disciplinary, your connection with them may suffer. Overusing the word 'No' might take you down this road. "No" is a powerful word that is easy to utter and quick on the lips. Your child will frequently hear you use this term, and you will listen to it from your child. A parent must learn to say "no" to a kid so the youngster can subsequently say "no" to himself. Delaying gratification is difficult for all children and some adults. "I want it now,", especially in toddlers, is a motivating need. Accepting "no" from others is a prerequisite...

Life in Mumbai - part 3

Hi, I'm back. πŸ˜€

Back to Mumbai then. One of the many things that I would like to talk about is that my dad had introduced us to viewing English movies. His intention was to improve our vocabulary and fluency of the language. And the 2 best theaters that we visited were Eros and Regal cinema in Churchgate. It was fun and a sense of exuberance filled us when we shared our experiences, on the next day, with our friends.

Akbarally's was the  best shopping place in Churchgate. We would spend hours looking at the awesome things like dresses, make up kits, watches and so many things that I wished I would have bought from there. We did buy only a few of them to show off to our friends,  but they were very costly.  One thing that I realised having @ Akbarally's was a soft and delicious Swiss cake roll. Whether we would buy anything from the store or not, having my favourite Swiss cake was mandatory. Those who have seen me, now you know why I'm on a heavier side. 😜

I'm an ardent foodie like my dad, and he went beyond himself to make me taste a variety of food items. We have had chats and sandwiches at khau gali, panipuri at Share bazaar, vadapav at Dadar station as well as near Siddhivinayak temple, dalwada at Mahalaxmi temple and going to a variety of restaurants. Balwas @ Churchgate was one of my favourite restaurants. #bhukkad
A very vivid memory I have is of riding in a taxi through  the Queen's necklace route, from Nariman point to Babulnath temple, the famous Marine Drive. We have taken many rides through Marine Drive by a taxi, and every time I used to dream of driving through it in my own car. Well my dream did come true in around 1994 when my dad bought a Fiat car. We drove all the way from Borivali to Churchgate with a driver. While returning home, I requested the driver to let me drive. He was shocked but then handed over the steering wheel to me with himself sitting by my side. 

A perfect evening, glorious sun setting on the Arabian sea, people walking along the footpath on Marine drive, waves splashing over the bay and me. Here I was fulfilling my dream of myself driving my car through the Queen's necklace. I will always cherish this memory of mine. My good karma must be rewarding me with such a wish come true. 

Well, let me leave you all with some of your own such wishful desires and their accomplishment. Do tell me all about it. C ya.πŸ‘‹





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parental Control

The beginning

Mindful(mess) !!