The skill of saying 'No' - Uncovered.

Image
    Do you feel like you're in an endless struggle of egos with your little one, that you're not getting the right response from them, that you keep losing your cool and lashing out or just giving in to their demands, and that your relationship with them is best described as one filled with conflicts and confrontations? If most of your interaction with your child is negative and disciplinary, your connection with them may suffer. Overusing the word 'No' might take you down this road. "No" is a powerful word that is easy to utter and quick on the lips. Your child will frequently hear you use this term, and you will listen to it from your child. A parent must learn to say "no" to a kid so the youngster can subsequently say "no" to himself. Delaying gratification is difficult for all children and some adults. "I want it now,", especially in toddlers, is a motivating need. Accepting "no" from others is a prerequisite...

Memoirs of a child.

Childhood. 

The word itself brings a smile on our face. I would rather say on every body's face. The innocence, the carefree abandon, the sweet dependence on our loved ones, the unconditional love and freedom to do as you wish can be summed up as childhood.

I have many memories of my being a child. When I close my eyes and enter the state of being a child, the most vivid memory is of my school. Oh! What a lovely school I went to and how carefree were those days! I consider myself very lucky to have great educators around me who not only taught me academic skills but also inculcated values which make a good human being. I, may like to add here that I don't know whether I have been good enough or some of my actions (karma) invited some experiences and life changing events in my life.

A shy, quiet and introvert me, had a few really awesome friends. We shared and enjoyed food and fun. A feeling of empathy, towards my friend's meagre lunch packs, awakened in me a sense of not only sharing and caring but also gratitude towards all the good things I had in my life. Thanking God and praying became quite a routine in my life.

However, some things are never forgotten and compel us to think about the reason behind those events. 

Comments

  1. I think "agar hamare pass yaden nahi hoti to kuch nahi hota"
    Good writing. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for reading and yes you are right. Our memories help us live life and learn from them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parental Control

The beginning

Mindful(mess) !!