OMG!π± The rains @Vadodara. Terrible. The floods and a chaotic situation everywhere. But finally the worst is over and we, the Barodians are slowly getting back to our normal lives.
Yes, so my school and college life, both were quite exciting for me. Especially during college days, I came to know some highlights of my own character and nature. I was a free spirit or you can say independent.π I was amazed at myself for being able to handle many things on my own like getting a railway pass after standing in long queues, to reach home or college in torrents of rain by whatever means of transport available, shopping, bargaining and many more such tasks. Especially when I was considered as a very low in confidence and a good little girl who was out on her own in this big bad world. Another most difficult thing for me was to get through a eunuch. I used to get afraid of them. Also I had a belief that whatever they would say in the form of good wishes or curses would be likely to come true. Anyways I learnt to handle them.πͺ
Some of the many things which I did, will always be etched in my memories. Whenever I close my eyes, the sprawling huge Borivali market with it's shopping centre comes to my mind. I used to go vegetables and fruits shopping with my mom, both as a child and as a grownup girl. My sister would also accompany us. As a child, I used to go crazy on choosing a variety of fruits and vegetables and mostly wanted to buy the whole market.
My mom used to bribe us with Dinshaws icecreamπ¦ and then we would happily go home walking all the way. Rickshaws were a luxury for us. With a heavy heart we used to divert our attention to walking under the pretext of good health through walking.
As grownup kids, I remember that we were now attracted towards other than veggies things. My favourite location in the market was the only shopping centre of Borivali - the Goyal shopping centre. It was a hub of my favourite shops. As a music lover, me and my sister would attack the music shop and go crazy over cassettes.πΌ After buying them, we would make sure to have a 'Dabeli' from the next shop in line. Wow! I still remember the taste of it. Spicy and luscious. Then we would enter the shopping centre and window shop till our hearts content. Of course there were times when we really did some awesome shopping consisting of dresses and girls accessories.
Our market had 3 theatres (not multiplexes). Jaya, Ajanta and Diamond. Being movie freaks, we have watched a number of movies in these theaters. But my most memorable movie is my all time favourite - Dilwale Dulhaniya le jayenge. I had watched this one 4 times, in theater. That was my highest level of watching a movie in theater. I was in awe of Shahrukh Khan and the romantic story. From then on I became a big fan of Yashraj movies and have seen them all.πππ¬
Hey I also had a favourite juice joint. We used to have a variety of juices and my favourite was - cocktail.πΉ
Then there came up a new shopping centre called Indraprasth. It was almost the same as Goyal. But the most interesting thing about it was a Dosa joint. Remember I'm a foodie!!!. The served amazing variety of dosas. And then Frankies, burgers and fries were introduced in Mumbai.π―ππ
Phew!! That was quite long. But I just couldn't stop myself from going down the memory lane. I don't know about you all, but for me, this is very relaxing. It's like almost living those moments once again. I told you all that this writing is a part of my therapy. The therapy, which I have designed for my good being. So it's bye for now. Hope you all like it. C ya. ππ
The memories with "Borivli" will never be erased out of our minds.. Nostalgic!!
ReplyDelete